The architectural history of this monumental gothic church reaches back to the 14th century. Built in 1890, the 161 metres tall tower is the highest of any church in Europe. The lighting design includes the illumination of the façades with in-ground uplighters. Luminaires of the Uplight range are used to illuminate the vertical buttresses and niches between them as well as the rich stone masonry around the portals. This balanced accent lighting scheme creates a subtle play of light and shadows.